Ahead of the premiere of their AEW: Dynamite program on TNT on Wednesday, October 2nd, the gang at All Elite Wrestling (AEW) have been making the media rounds like never before.
Featured below are some highlights of a new interview The Young Bucks recently gave Alex McCarthy of talkSPORT.
Nick Jackson on the pressure being high to deliver on the premiere episode of AEW Dynamite on TNT: “Man, it’s pretty crazy. Because it’s do or die, you know? We have to hit a home run. What is good, though, is to look back at the shows that we have done and take what was good from that and what was bad from that and try and deliver everything we can on the first TV show. So that’s what we’re aiming to do.”
Matt Jackson on juggling the roles of performers and executives for AEW: “Like Nick said, we’ve been doing this so long. We basically booked PWG for years with Super Dragon so the Mount Rushmore stuff was us, the Candice LeRae and Joe Ryan story, that was us. We knew how to write long story arcs. Then we did the Adam Cole joining Bullet Club story and the Marty Scurll joining Bullet Club story. We directed and produced and we literally got in the ring and mapped out the scene for the cameramen. So we were slowly learning how to do these things without realizing that it was actually going to benefit us one day and here we are. As far as writing and creating stories, I love it, man.”
Nick Jackson on AEW bringing a show to the United Kingdom: “Bringing shows out there, that’s something Matt and I have brought up multiple times during our meetings that we have constantly. I don’t know how many, but we’ll probably have multiple shows a year in the UK. I’m not sure about a pay-per-view yet, but if Tony [Khan] said it, it will happen [laughs].”
Check out the complete interview with The Young Bucks at talkSPORT.com.
- PHOTOS: WWE/FOX Promotional Tour Bus GOT NOTHIN’ On AEW/TNT’s Promotional Production Trucks!
Rajah.com Social Media Interaction* Follow Rajah head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom