WWE sent us the following today:
For Immediate Release
WWE® NAMES BRUCE PRICHARD EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF SMACKDOWN®
Stamford, Conn., October 15, 2019 – WWE (NYSE: WWE) today announced that it has named Bruce Prichard the Executive Director of Friday Night SmackDown, reporting directly to WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon.
Prichard will oversee the creative development of Friday Night SmackDown on FOX and ensure integration across all platforms and lines of business, replacing Eric Bischoff.
Prichard brings nearly 40 years of experience in sports entertainment with an extensive background in character development and creative storytelling. Over the course of his career, Prichard has served in a variety of roles including announcer, producer, agent and on-screen personality. Earlier this year, Prichard returned to WWE as a member of the company’s creative team.
Friday Night SmackDown airs at 8 pm ET/PT on FOX.
WWE, a publicly traded company (NYSE: WWE), is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. The company consists of a portfolio of businesses that create and deliver original content 52 weeks a year to a global audience. WWE is committed to family-friendly entertainment on its television programming, pay-per-view, digital media and publishing platforms. WWE’s TV-PG, family-friendly programming can be seen in more than 800 million homes worldwide in 28 languages. WWE Network, the first-ever 24/7 over-the-top premium network that includes all live pay-per-views, scheduled programming and a massive video-on-demand library, is currently available in more than 180 countries. The company is headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Mexico City, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Dubai, Munich and Tokyo.
Additional information on WWE (NYSE: WWE) can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com. For information on our global activities, go to http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/.
- UPDATE: 2 Sources Argue Figures Rumored For TYSON FURY’S WWE Crown Jewel Payday — $15 Million?, $5 Million? (…)
WWE & AEW NEWS UPDATES (10/15)* Mike Kanellis Requests Release From WWE With Lengthy Public Statement
* Update On Free Agents Still Remaining After 2019 WWE Draft
* John Cena & Robert Downey Jr. In First “DOLITTLE” Movie Trailer (Video)
* Chris Jericho Teases Debut Of “Painmaker” Alter-Ego For 10/16 AEW Dynamite
* Triple H Admits WWE Questioned Cain Velasquez’s Ability To Entertain, Not Tyson Fury’s
* Cain Velasquez Statement Confirming UFC Retirement, Revealing WWE Goals
* NJPW On Stripping Jon Moxley Of IWGP US Title, Lance Archer On Winning It (Updated)
* Twitter War Breaks Out Between Wives Of Jeff & Matt Hardy Over Jeff’s DWI Arrest
* Ember Moon’s Injury Worse Than Expected, Could Be Out Over A Year
* Exclusive Update On Scarlett Bordeaux Signing With WWE
* Backstage Reaction To WWE.com Spoiling Night 1 Draft Picks, WWE’s On-The-Fly Changes
* Kevin Owens Films Reaction To His Draft, WWE Refuses To Air It Due To What He Said
* Bray Wyatt’s Latest ‘Cryptic Post’ Explains Why “Some Wear Masks” & Claims “I Saw You”
* WWE Contacting Several Venues About Being NEW Weekly Home For NXT On USA TV Shoots
* PHOTOS: Bayley Shows Off NEW LOOK At WWE SmackDown On FOX
* Vince McMahon Gets Good Laugh Out Of Negative Reaction To WWE HIAC PPV Conclusion
* Report: Cain Velasquez, Tyson Fury Sign VERY Different Contracts With WWE
* Report: Paul Heyman Pushing For 2 Specific Stars In WWE Draft
* WWE Signs ‘Good Day NY’ Anchor To Host Revamped WWE Series (Photos)
Rajah.com Social Media Interaction* Follow Rajah head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom