WWE taped this week’s episode of WWE SmackDown on Tuesday night from Bossier City, Louisiana. Credit to prowrestling.net for these results:
John Cena came out. A replay from Raw was shown of his match with Dolph Ziggler. Cena made fun of Ziggler and his two minute title run. Alberto Del Rio came out to interrupt. Del Rio said Smackdown is his show. He said the last time they were in the ring together he destroyed Cena. Cena said he was interested in the main event, but since he was here he would have a match with Del Rio on the spot.
1. John Cena pinned Alberto Del Rio. Cena started off with an arm drag that threw Del Rio outside the ring. Del Rio snuck back in and kicked Cena. Del Rio dominated Cena early with punches and a suplex. Cena fought back and went for the AA, but Del Rio countered into an arm breaker. Del rio jumped from the top rope and missed, leading to the usual Cena moves and 5 Knuckle Shuffle.
Cena went for an AA, but Del Rio reversed into a Backstabber and a near fall. Cena reversed the armbar into the STF. Del Rio made it to the ropes. After more back and forth, Cena jumped from the top rope and hit the leg drop to the back of Del Rio’s head. Cena pinned him for the win.
As Cena was walking up the ramp celebrating, Dolph Ziggler came from behind and hit Cena with the Money in the Bank briefcase.
Cena and Booker T argued in the back because Cena wanted to attack Ziggler. Booker said Cena can do whatever he wants after Ziggler’s match with Sheamus.
2. The Great Khali (w/Hornswoggle) defeated David Otunga in 2:00. Not much of a match. Khali and Hornswoggle dancing in the ring was more entertaining than the match.
3. Kane, Daniel Bryan, and Kofi Kingston beat Wade Barrett and The Prime Time Players in 15:00. Kane started off with Darren Young. Titus O’Neil was tagged in and quickly flipped over the ropes to the outside. Bryan was tagged in and flew to the outside, hitting Titus with a knee in the process. Barrett and Kofi were tagged in. They went back and forth shortly and Wade tagged in Young.
Lot of action and more quick tags. Bryan was eventually in and the Players and Barrett kept him in their corner and grounded with submissions. Bryan eventually tagged Kane, who came in hitting all three opponents. Kane hit clothesline off the top and went for a pin. Titus broke up the count and Kofi knocked him to the outside. Kane chokeslammed Young, and Bryan applied the No Lock for the submission win. Very good match.
Damien Sandow came out and picked someone from the crowd to be his apprentice. The fan entered the ring and Sandow asked him some questions to test his intelligence. The guy answered the last question wrong and Sandow made him leave the ring. Very funny moment!!
4. Damien Sandow defeated Tyson Kidd in 3:00. Good pop from the crowd for Tyson. Sandow won, but a good effort front tyson. An entertaining short match.
5. Heath Slater and Jinder Mahal defeated The Uso Brothers in 3:00. The crowd was dead for this one. Mahal got the win with a Full Nelson Slam.
6. Sheamus beat Dolph Ziggler by DQ. Ziggler went to the outside early. He got back in and hit Sheamus with a clothsline, but Sheamus quickly attacked with punches in the corner. Sheamus was knocked outside. Dolph dove onto Sheamus, but Sheamus caught him and slammed him into the barricade. Ziggler eventually regained advantage and scored a couple close pinfalls. Sheamus fought back and went for the Brogue Kick, but Ziggler ducked and hit a DDT. Sheamus put Ziggler in the cloverleaf and Big Show ran down and got Ziggler DQ’d. They attacked Sheamus until Cena ran down for the save and cleared Show and Ziggler from the ring.
* VIDEOS of FANDANGO’s Ring Entrance & Dance Moves From A REcent WWE Live Event